Semi-Automatic Instrument with:
SMALL FOOTPRINT; 320 x 500 mm.
TOUCH PANEL USER INTERFACE designed to assist the user in all operating phases of TMA process. Includes the following functions:
- Electronic Joy Stick
- Template Edit
- Donor and receptor block selection
PROGRAMMING CAPABILITIES, includes the possibility to:
- Create geometry of the array (paraffin size, needle diameter, number of spots and spacing or pitch between the spots).
- Introduce rows/columns or spot groups of spacing to separate the various specimens.
- Define a library of up to 5 TMA templates to be re-called and re-used in different TMA projects.
- Choice of donor and/or recipiant block position (any position for donor or recipient is allowed)
- Up to 5 number of TMA replicates
- Needle Calibration
AUTOMATED STAGE with:
- 6 tissue standard cassettes holder
- Computer assisted and automated tray that ensures precise and rapid positioning of the paraffin blocks while in use.
- Sample holder to position up to six standard histological cassettes.
- Back lighting
- Needle Size: 0.6, 1.0, 1.5 & 2.0 mm – It is also possible to request 3.0 and 5.0 mm needles.
AUTOMATED NEEDLE POSITIONING with the following characteristics:
- Automated and computer guided needle positioning to help operator to construct the array, avoiding errors that could endanger TMA quality and speeds up the process.
- Accurate and automated regulation of the core insertion depth.
- Easy needle mounting.
COVERED BY NIH LICENCE AGREEMENT for “World Wide Distribution”, under the following PATENTs:
- US 6,699,710 issued 03/02/2004
- EP 1,068,528 granted 08/02/2006 and validated in AT, BE, CH, CY, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, GB, GR, IE, IT, LU, MC, NL, PT and SE; and CA 2,318,984, issued 04/28/2009.
- All entitled “Tumor Tissue Microarrays for Rapid Molecular Profiling”, by Kononen et al. (NHGRI) (E-002-1998/0)