The XBLOT P100 is a temperature controlled hybridization system useful for Western (W), Northern (N) and Southern (S) Blots analysis.
The pressing and spreading device allows the uniform distribution of the reagents on nytrocellulosa o di nylon (PVDF) filters.
The filters consist of transferred elctrophoresed proteins (W) DNA (S) or RNA (N); each filter is perfectly sealed in a plastic folder containing the proper reagents for each application. Small quantities of reagents are needed (sufficient amounts to keep the filter wet).
The continuous rolling movement facilitates the binding of the antibody to the antigen on the filter (W) or labelled probe for DNA or RNA (S and N). Multiple filters can be handled simultaneously.
- Temperature controlled plate (4°C -65°C).Higher or lower temperatures can be used by changing the rolling device.
- Working plate (20×29.7cm) able to host multiple filters.
- The rolling velocity can be modified
- The rolling length on the plate can be modified to meet the number of filters under analysis.
- The rolling device is made of steel covered with a PVC membrane; the surface is soft and resistent to most chemical reagents and different temperatures (working temperatures 4-38°C). Rubber roller must be used for higher temperatures (4-65°C).
XBLOT P100 ADVANTAGES FOR PROTEIN HYBRIDIZATION OVER THE CLASSICAL APPROACH
Better and clearer signal at all times, highly reproduclible results.
The homogeneous distribution of the reagents in addition to the constant temperature during the hybridization phase, eliminates the formation of precipitates and reagents condensation and loss. This drastically decreases backgroung noise.
Decrease in the initial volume of reagents needed for the analysis and capacity to recuperate most of the initial reagent.
- 6 filters/day tested for a total of 120 filters/month
- Close to complete recovery of the primary antibody
- Filter hybridization using XBLOT P100 ® 100.4€/month
- Classical mode of filter hybridization ® 1010€/month
- Cost decrease of about 900€/month with XBLOT P100!
Temperature regulation based on antibody specificity and laboratory standards
- Execution time reduction from overnight to one hour.
- Several filters can be handled simultaneously.
- Absence of condensation facilitates the recovery of the initial reagents.
- Reagents volume reduction
- Execution time reduction
- Temperature regulation to meet antibody specificity and standart laboratory temperature.
- Very practical
- Hybridization and washing temperature conditions very close to the Tm of probes, eliminates the use of oven or water baths in Northern or Southern applications.